One of Sydney’s leading physio clinics
Fix Physio offers a friendly and straightforward approach to physiotherapy. Some of the features of our practice include:
- A friendly, modern, evidence based physiotherapy practice
- A ‘three strike’ policy; if you aren’t improving after three sessions, we will stop your treatment and send you for further investigations
- A simple explanation, we will tell you how it is without using medical jargon
- A holistic approach to physiotherapy and sports physio; we get you fit and give you exercises and advice to ensure you stay fit after your time with us is over.
- Extended weekday business hours
- A range of activity and injury specific treatments
- Pilates classes to assist in the recovery process
With a wealth of experience, our staff are friendly and passionate professionals, we will endeavour to get you back to optimal health. Our motto is get fixed, stay fixed and that’s what we aim for. Fix Physio represents a transparent approach to physiotherapy, we’ll do the best we can to make sure you go into the process with open eyes and come out twinge and niggle free.
Book today and begin your rehabilitation
If you would like any more information on Fix Physio’s clinic or services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and get on the road to recovery.
Meet Mike Blackwell. Owner and Principal Physiotherapist at Fix Physio.
Hello all. Welcome to Fix Physio’s website! Great to have you here. You’re probably on this site because you’re in a bit of discomfort. At Fix Physio, we keep things simple. At your first appointment, you’ll be told what your injury is, we’ll give you strategies to fix it for ever and tell you how long this whole process will take. We keep the terminology simple too- none of those long winded medical terms just to sound impressive.
Feel free to give us a call or drop us an email about your injury and take the first step to getting fixed… and staying fixed.
More about Mike..
- Over 14 years experience as a physiotherapist and member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy at University of Birmingham (UK)
- Physiotherapist at English Premier League (EPL) Birmingham City Football club
- One of the first physiotherapists in the UK to work as an Emergency Physiotherapy Practitioner (EPP) in the Emergency Room (ER) at Solihull hospital
- 6 years experience working in Sydney’s renowned Physio, Posture & Fitness Clinic (PPFC)
His professional accolades..
- Entrepreneur Institute- Game Changer of the Year 2016
- Guest expert speaker on ABC nightlife talk show discussing Posture in sport- 3rd April 2014 http://www.abc.net.au/nightlife/stories/3978074.htm
- Guest lecturer at the New South Wales school of massage sports massage module
- Guest lecturer at the Physio Coaching Academy of Australia (PCAA)
- Principal physio representative for the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) for Tradies National health month August 2015 at Martin Place on Sunrise TV
- Keen cyclist and football (soccer) player
- Follows his beloved Liverpool FC
- Attends Indie and Rock gigs
Will is at Fix Physio Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday providing Physiotherapy.
More about Will..
- Over 8 years experience as a Physiotherapist and is a member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association’s Musculoskeletal and Sports Physio groups
- Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy at University of Sydney
- Spent the last 2 years working for a leading Physiotherapy practice in London
- Has been affiliated with various sports including netball, soccer and Junior Rugby
- Keen interest in treating knees (especially after undergoing surgery and rehab to his own knee), shoulders and cervicogenic headaches
Qualifications and Skills..
- Mulligan’s Manual Therapy Techniques Upper and Lower Quadrant Certified
- Kinesio taping Level 3 Certification
- Watson’s Headache Approach to treating Cervicogenic Headaches
- APA Sports Level 1 and 2 certified
- Functional Movement Screening Level 1 and 2 certified
- Musculoskeletal Dry Needling and Dry Needling Plus certified
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Course Level 1 certified
- Keen Basketball Player and follows the NBA religiously
- Other Sports: Muay Thai, Hiking, Tennis, Table Tennis, Volleyball
- Inherited the snowboarding bug whilst learning in the French and Austrian Alps
- Travelling to see the world
Jasmine Pyke joined Fix Physio in July 2016 as our receptionist and practice manager following a move from Queensland’s Sunshine Coast. She had spent the past two years working in administration for allied health professionals and was keen to continue her experience working within the industry. Jasmine welcomed the opportunity to become a part of our multidisciplinary clinic here in Sydney.
Outside of the clinic, Jasmine is a qualified Remedial Massage Therapist, is currently completing a Bachelor of Science (Psychology) at UNSW and is passionate about all aspects of health and wellbeing. She looks forward to immersing herself into the Sydney community and has been busy exploring everything that Sydney has to offer.
Jasmine looks forward to speaking with you, providing excellent service with a smile and hopes to be able to offer our patients appointments to suit their specific needs and often busy lifestyles.
Team Fix Physio
With a wealth of experience, our staff are friendly and passionate professionals, we will endeavour to get you back to optimal health. Our motto is get fixed, stay fixed and that’s what we aim for.
Why FIX Physio??
This is a very good question- why should you spend your hard earned money and spare time at Fix Physio?
The obvious response to this is because we are
- Good at what we do
- Central CBD location near to several transport links
- Convenient appointment times (7am- 6:30pm) Monday to Friday
This is all very true but this alone is not enough.The real reason you should choose Fix Physio is because you will receive:
- A clear diagnosis
- A treatment plan based on both short term and long term goal orientated results
- Approximate timescales of return to pre injury level and strategies to keep you injury free after physio….forever.
- Surroundings are modern, comfortable and homely.
It is also important to say that at Fix Physio, we:
- Are passionate about getting you better
- Will work tirelessly using up to date evidence based assessment and treatment techniques to meet your expectations.
- Will continue to communicate with your referrer (GP, personal trainer, surgeon, podiatrist etc) throughout your physio experience to ensure that we are working together to achieve the best results for you.
- Want your Fix Physio experience to be a pleasant one from the moment you walk in to the second that you leave.
Finally, if the rare situation does arise that you are not improving by three sessions at Fix Physio we will apply our “3 strikes” policy. We will seek further investigation such as X-Ray or scan (MRI or CT) or referral to a medical professional such as a sports doctor, podiatrist or surgeon. Fix Physio is a results driven business and if you aren’t getting the results we WILL NOT continue treating you as it is possible that there is something else going on and we insist that we get to the bottom of it before continuing with your Physio treatment.