One of Sydney’s leading physio clinics
Fix Physio offers a friendly and straightforward approach to physiotherapy. Some of the features of our practice include:
- A friendly, modern, evidence based physiotherapy practice
- A ‘three strike’ policy; if you aren’t improving after three sessions, we will stop your treatment and send you for further investigations
- A simple explanation, we will tell you how it is without using medical jargon
- A holistic approach to physiotherapy and sports physio; we get you fit and give you exercises and advice to ensure you stay fit after your time with us is over.
- Extended weekday business hours
- A range of activity and injury specific treatments
- Physio Group Sessions to assist in the recovery process
With a wealth of experience, our staff are friendly and passionate professionals, we will endeavour to get you back to optimal health. Our motto is get fixed, stay fixed and that’s what we aim for. Fix Physio represents a transparent approach to physiotherapy, we’ll do the best we can to make sure you go into the process with open eyes and come out twinge and niggle free.
Book today and begin your rehabilitation
If you would like any more information on Fix Physio’s clinic or services, please don’t hesitate to get in touch and get on the road to recovery.
Meet Mike Blackwell. Owner and Principal Physiotherapist at Fix Physio.
Hello all. Welcome to Fix Physio’s website! Great to have you here. You’re probably on this site because you’re in a bit of discomfort. At Fix Physio, we keep things simple. At your first appointment, you’ll be told what your injury is, we’ll give you strategies to fix it for ever and tell you how long this whole process will take. We keep the terminology simple too- none of those long winded medical terms just to sound impressive.
Feel free to give us a call or drop us an email about your injury and take the first step to getting fixed… and staying fixed.
More about Mike..
- Qualified as a Physiotherapist in 2002 and member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA)
- Bachelor of Science in Physiotherapy at University of Birmingham (UK)
- Physiotherapist at English Premier League (EPL) Birmingham City Football club
- One of the first physiotherapists in the UK to work as an Emergency Physiotherapy Practitioner (EPP) in the Emergency Room (ER) at Solihull hospital
- 6 years experience working in Sydney’s renowned Physio, Posture & Fitness Clinic (PPFC)
His professional accolades..
- Entrepreneur Institute- Game Changer of the Year 2016
- Guest expert speaker on ABC nightlife talk show discussing Posture in sport- 3rd April 2014 https://www.abc.net.au/nightlife/stories/3978074.htm
- Guest lecturer at the New South Wales school of massage sports massage module
- Guest lecturer at the Physio Coaching Academy of Australia (PCAA)
- Principal physio representative for the Australian Physiotherapy Association (APA) for Tradies National health month August 2015 at Martin Place on Sunrise TV
- Keen cyclist and football (soccer) player
- Follows his beloved Liverpool FC
- Attends Indie and Rock gigs
- Running & soccer related injuries
- Foot, ankle, Achilles & plantarfascia
- Sacro Iliac Joint (SIJ) & hip injuries
Will is at Fix Physio Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday & Friday providing Physiotherapy.
More about Will..
- Completed his Bachelor of Applied Science in Physiotherapy degree at The University of Sydney in 2008
- Member of the Australian Physiotherapy Association
- Spent 2 years working for a leading Physiotherapy practice in London
- Have been affiliated with various sports including netball, soccer and Junior Rugby
- Keen interest in treating knees (especially after undergoing surgery and rehab to his own knee), shoulders and cervicogenic headaches
Qualifications and Skills..
- Mulligan’s Manual Therapy Techniques Upper and Lower Quadrant Certified
- Kinesio taping Level 3 Certification
- Watson’s Headache Approach to treating Cervicogenic Headaches Level 1
- APA Sports Level 1 and 2 certified
- Functional Movement Screening Level 1 and 2 certified
- Musculoskeletal Dry Needling and Dry Needling Plus (Level 1 & 2) certified
- Lyn Watson Shoulder Course Level 1 certified
- TMJ course through Physiotherapy Coaching Academy Australia (Francine St George)
- Keen Basketball Player and follows the NBA religiously
- Other Sports: Hiking, Strength training in the gym, Tennis
- Inherited the snowboarding bug whilst learning in the French and Austrian Alps
- Open water scuba diving – certified PADI Open Water Diver
- Travelling to see the world
- Knee- post op, ACL reconstructions, sports injuries, running injuries
- Shoulder & upper limb- general shoulder ie rotator cuff injury, frozen shoulder, impingement and post op shoulders
- Neck & headaches
- Running injuries
Penny graduated from the University of Sydney in 1993 and then went on to complete a Masters degree of Health Science in Manipulative Physiotherapy in 2006.
She began her career at St Vincents Hospital, Sydney and gained extensive experience in numerous areas of Physiotherapy.
She had the amazing opportunity to spend a rotation at Broken Hill Base hospital. While there, she saw the amazing work being done by the Royal Flying Doctor Service.
Penny’s particular interest is in movement analysis, postural assessment and biomechanics. She spent time working on campus at Sydney University with a wide variety of teams and elite athlete.
From there Penny progressed to the Physio Posture Fitness Clinic (PPFC), a world class multidisciplinary centre, working closely for the next 20 years with physiotherapist, lecturer and author, Francine St George. This is where Penny & Fix Physio Director, Mike Blackwell first met, working together there for 6 years.
During this time, Penny has developed many special interests including working with patients with Hypermobility as well as the TMJ (Jaw)- having worked with the Dentistry School at the University of Sydney. Furthermore, with Penny’s own personal interest in dance she has worked extensively with dancers in particular doing Pointe Assessment and preparing their bodies
Penny combines her clinical practice with lecturing nationally and internationally. She designs and presents CEC accredited programs for Health Professionals, Pilates Instructors and personal trainers. She is also a presenter with the Physio Coaching Academy Australia and Australian Leaning Group, where her massage subjects run nationally.
Penny’s passion has always been to improve quality of life for her clients. Working with each person to create a plan that is just right for that individual is at the heart of what she does best
When not in clinic you will find her on a spin bike, going to the gym, reading or running around with my energetic 12 year old son. We are absolutely delighted to have a Physio of Penny’s experience and passion for helping her patients working at Fix Physio. Penny will be in clinic on Monday and Thursday- say hello when you see her at Fix Physio HQ!
- Upper neck and Tempero Mandibular Joint (TMJ)/ jaw injuries
- Lower back & Sacro Iliac Joint (SIJ)
- Pregnancy & post pregnancy
- Dance injuries
Alice completed her Bachelor of Physiotherapy in 2008 and her Post Graduate Diploma in Musculoskeletal Physiotherapy in 2010 in Auckland, NZ. She has just completed 5 years working in central London in a private practice attached to a busy strength and conditioning studio.
Alice has been affiliated with a range of sports such as netball, soccer, rugby, swimming, surf lifesaving and ballet and has worked with a range of clients across Auckland, Sydney, London, Bristol, Reading & soon Morocco & Senegal
- Post-graduate Diploma in Musculoskeletal & Physiotherapy (Sports and spinal manipulation)
- CEMt Trigger point needling
- Strength and conditioning for Physiotherapists
- Trained in gait analysis, spinal manipulation, muscle balance assessment and work place assessments
- Over 10 years experience working in Private practice
- Surf life saving
- Swimming & surfing
- Traveling the world most recently Europe & Central America
- Attempting to learn Spanish & trapeze at present!
- Neck & Headaches
- Mid back
- Strength & conditioning
- Sports injuries
Jessica is Fix Physio’s newest staff member, joining the team as a receptionist this year.
Jessica likes to stay active, through playing sport, bushwalking or going to the gym. She also loves being outdoors, often spending her weekends exploring Sydney, and beyond!
Currently studying at Macquarie University, Jessica wants to be a secondary school Science teacher. She is passionate about inspiring her students when she does become a teacher, and continuing to expand her knowledge as a scientist!Jessica is excited to meet all of Fix Physio’s patients and will bring a friendly face to the receptionist role.
She is looking forward to helping our patients receive the best experience possible, accommodating for each individuals needs.
Alison started working as Fix Physio’s newest Clinical Manager in early 2019. She has a background in Allied Health Administration, Corporate Program Management, and Clinical Pilates. Alison completed a Bachelors Degree in Commerce/ Public Relations and Marketing and has completed Qualifications in Clinical Mat Work Pilates and Pilates for Pre/Post Pregnancy.
Alison’s strength is nurturing, improving and growing business potential in an Industry that she is super passionate about- (Physiotherapy!)
She cant wait to get to know all Fix Physio’s valued clients and be able to help the team and patients in any way she can.
Outside of the Clinic, Ally enjoys practising Pilates, walking her dog Willis and exploring the NSW Coast.
Why FIX Physio??
This is a very good question- why should you spend your hard earned money and spare time at Fix Physio?
The obvious response to this is because we are
- Good at what we do
- Central CBD location near to several transport links
- Convenient appointment times (7am- 6:30pm) Monday to Friday
This is all very true but this alone is not enough.The real reason you should choose Fix Physio is because you will receive:
- A clear diagnosis
- A treatment plan based on both short term and long term goal orientated results
- Approximate timescales of return to pre injury level and strategies to keep you injury free after physio….forever.
- Surroundings are modern, comfortable and homely.
It is also important to say that at Fix Physio, we:
- Are passionate about getting you better
- Will work tirelessly using up to date evidence based assessment and treatment techniques to meet your expectations.
- Will continue to communicate with your referrer (GP, personal trainer, surgeon, podiatrist etc) throughout your physio experience to ensure that we are working together to achieve the best results for you.
- Want your Fix Physio experience to be a pleasant one from the moment you walk in to the second that you leave.
Finally, if the rare situation does arise that you are not improving by three sessions at Fix Physio we will apply our “3 strikes” policy. We will seek further investigation such as X-Ray or scan (MRI or CT) or referral to a medical professional such as a sports doctor, podiatrist or surgeon. Fix Physio is a results driven business and if you aren’t getting the results we WILL NOT continue treating you as it is possible that there is something else going on and we insist that we get to the bottom of it before continuing with your Physio treatment.